Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Current Favorite Beauty Products (Mostly Drugstore Brands!)

I wrote a post similar to this one here, but it's been awhile and this one is going to be a little different!

These are my favorite products of various categories (for the time being!) I recently moved to Greenville, NC where an Ulta is now only about 5 minutes away. Hallelujah chorus. 

Most of these are drugstore brands, so you can have a good everyday makeup routine without breaking your budget. Because that's how I roll.

Well, here we go!

Favorite:

1. Foundation - Still using Revlon's Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation. If you're looking for a light summertime foundation, I'd recommend this one. It's easy to layer if you want a little more coverage, but it doesn't take much to give you a simple even complexion that looks natural! It's not heavy like other foundations I've tried. I'm thinking about trying something with a little more coverage though, like this one or this one, so keep posted :)



2. Under Eye Concealer - I absolutely love L'Oreal's Visible Lift CC Concealer! It rolls on, which is perfect for the very sensitive under eye area. I've had it for months now, so it hasn't run out as quickly as other drugstore brands I've tried. For the price, I love it!



3. Finishing Powder - I have been using BareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder with SPF 25. I always just brush a little of this over my face after I've done my makeup every morning, but it's also good by itself if you don't feel like doing a complete makeup routine. It has SPF in it, too, which is a plus for this pale face of mine. I don't think I'll ever use another finishing powder!



4. Concealer - For any acne scars, pimples, or other spots I want to camouflage,  I use Nyx Cosmetics Concealer. It's decently inexpensive, and it does the job! (It says dark circle concealer, but it's quite thick, so I don't think I'd use it for the under eye area. Just sayin'.)


5. Eyeliner - I've switched things up and have been using Revlon's ColorStay Eyeliner in Black (probably because Revlon products were buy one get one 50% off at Ulta). I love it! It's easy to make your line as bold or simple as you'd like, and it comes with an eraser at the end so you can even things out if need be. It smudges sometimes, especially if you sweat, so I'd recommend using an eyelid primer as well to make sure it stays in its place.


6. Mascara - For a few months now I've been using L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, but I decided to switch things up a bit and pick up Maybelline's Lash Sensational. My opinion? I love it! It adds more length than L'Oreal's did, and with an extra coat, just as much volume. I usually have to work hard to get my lashes the way I want everyday, but this makes it easy!



7. Lipstick - I recently picked up Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipcolor in Pink Peony and love it! It's a perfect natural pink. Adds a little color without shouting to the world you are wearing lipstick being too bold.





There you have it, my current makeup favorites! What products are you using these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment