Friday, May 1, 2015

April Book List


 So I've had a new idea for the blog! I love to read and therefore am a library junkie regular. At the end of every month, I will report here on the blog of the different books I've read, as well as a little review of each one. I love hearing other book recommendations as well as what other readers think of the books I read so feel free to comment :)



Now let me tell you, I've been having a pretty good streak with books lately.

Part of my success can be attributed to Janssen at Everday Reading for her endless book recommendation lists. I make a list of my own on my iPod before making a trip to the library so I can search for a few books that she's deemed fantastic. It makes my trips to the library much easier.

Random thought: I've been wanting to read Quiet, but I just can't catch it. I look it up at the library closer to my home, but it's checked in at the library downtown. So I go to the library downtown just a few days later, and now it's checked in at the other one. A girl just can't win. One of these days, maybe.


So here's my April list:

1. Dear Mr. Knightley : I really loved this book. And if you loved Emma, Wuthering Heights, and Pride and Prejudice, you will too. So many references! It's a story about a 20-something foster child who's been through some pretty awful stuff, as you can imagine. You watch her tear down the walls that have been hindering her for so long and break free. And fall in love, of course :)

2. Where We Belong : This one was my favorite this month! It was my first Emily Giffen book and I'm pretty sure it won't be my last. Where We Belong is a story about choices and how we can never change the decisions we've made in the past, but we can start new today. It's also about the power of family ties and how much they determine who we are, but also how they don't.

3. Attachments: This one was definitely more comical than anything else I read this month, which was just the light-hearted type of thing I needed after reading a story as heavy as Where We Belong. I will definitely be reading more from Rainbow Rowell!

4. Paper Towns : Okay, I read this in February which was a really long time ago but it was a good read so I just had to mention it. Plus, I found myself a tad busy in April and so my list is shorter than I meant for it to be. #Letsbereal. Anyway, this book was, in one word, exciting! You never knew what to expect from Margo Roth Spiegelman. I would say she kept Quentin and myself on the edge of our seats! Also, have you ever read a book about a group of friends and thought to yourself, "If I only knew these guys when I was in high school I'm pretty sure we would be best friends."? Yeah, I definitely felt that way about Q and his gang.


So there's my April book list :) I will try to read a little more in the month of May, and hopefully I will find some as good as these were!

No comments:

Post a Comment