Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Top That Chose Me



So I was at Target last week, totally minding my own business, when this adorable Lily Pulitzer top in my size made its way toward me on a cart heading to the front with the other Lily returns.

"Hey, do you mind if I take that?" as I quickly snatched this little beauty into my own possession. I'm pretty sure if it had made it to the front, it wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. So I tried it on and it was a perfect fit!

When I heard how quickly the Lily items sold out the day that they launched at Target, I literally didn't think I was ever going to own a piece. My cheap self just wouldn't fork out the money for something in one of their regular stores or on their website, so I just kind of accepted it and went on with life as it was. And honestly, I admire their styles because they're just so pretty and colorful, but I'm not necessarily one to be a brand-snob. So I was okay with not having anything Lily.

But it was 22 dollars so HOW THE HECK COULD I NOT? It's a limited edition, most likely only happening once-in-a-lifetime thing so I had to. I just had to.

When I got up to the register, I joked with the cashier about how I didn't pick this shirt but how it picked me...ha! :)

And this is how I styled it :) It actually has thicker straps, probably one to two inches, so I will definitely be wearing it a lot this summer by itself maybe with a pair of shorts or jeans or something. Did I mention how happy these colors make me?

And of course I paired it with my knock-off Jack Rogers because if you're going for preppy you may as well go all out.



How about you? Did you get to snag any Lily Pulitzer pieces from Target this season? :)

2 comments: