Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday, Friday, Friday!

Okay, so did I mention that it's Friday?

I'm not sure if I have longed for this particular day of the week so badly in quite some time!


Quick recap of the past week:
 
This was the first full warm week of the year :) I must brag that I got a bit of a tan on the playground this week (while at work of course)...of course my "tan" is equivilant to most peoples' complexion in the middle of December. Ha!

This week was camp meeting at school. It's an annual conference that includes lots of fantastic music and awesome preaching. I really enjoyed all the sessions that I was able to attend around my work schedule. Also, I was able to enjoy some quality time with some of my good friends at school that I don't get to see as often now that I live at home. As much as I enjoyed the speakers and challenging music, I must admit the break away from classes was far from a break! I suppose you can see my reason for absolute excitement for the weekend :)

I also played keyboard for the first time in chapel today! As intimated as I was when I was first offered the opportunity to play, it really wasn't bad at all. It has certainly improved my sight reading skills. I'm so thankful God has privileged me with the talent and opportunity to play the piano. It's definitely something that can be greatly used for His glory! In fact, on the cover of my piano binder reads, "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent." Music is able to portray so much beauty. It is the clearest and most beautiful way to portray how we feel.

Okay, so off of my mini ramblings about piano and school. Driving to work today from school, I came into a huge storm. At one point, I had to pull over for a few minutes while the rain calmed down. As much as I love the warmth of the spring sun against my skin and bright spring colors and floral patterns, I absolutely detest this side of spring weather!

So four classes, five workdays, one chapel service, two papers, and one rainy day later, IT IS FINALLY THE WEEKEND! :)

Oh, summer days, how I long for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment