Wednesday, April 30, 2014

An Affordable Makeup Routine

I don't consider myself a pro or anything, but I just really enjoy the makeup application process! Thanks to a few beauty blogs I follow, I've really come a long way. (My two favorites are Kate at The Small Things and Essie Button...if you know of any more good ones please leave a comment below!)

For my daytime makeup, I typically keep it as natural as possible. I believe that makeup should not be used to amplify natural beauty, not to make someone look like an entirely different person. But I could do an entirely different post about that :) So let's stick to my general daily makeup routine.

Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Makeup Revlon Powder Blush L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeliner
L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm Maybelline Expert Wear® Eyeshadow Quads


L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara



1. Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation : Foundation is definitely one of, if not the most important factors to your makeup routine. This is worth investing a little money into! If you just can't afford to pay 40 dollars on makeup product no matter how wonderful they may be, I totally understand. I'm right there with you. I have tried a few other drugstore foundations and BB creams, but this one has been my very favorite. It has a lightweight coverage that looks naturally beautiful! I get the color Ivory because I'm pale folks fo real.

2. Revlon's Powder Blush : Blush is essential to add some color back to my face in the right places after I apply my foundation. If you're new to blush and maybe a little afraid of it, I would start with the color Naughty Nude, or something similar to this pale pink, almost brown-ish color. The key to applying blush correctly is to smile, start applying at the cheekbone, and then come up to form an L-shape up to your forehead. I then blend it in really well by kind of randomly swiping back and forth. (If this makes no sense to you, there are plenty of visual examples on Pinterest, or try Kate's blog!)

3. L'Oreal Eye Liner : I'm not sure that the brand matters as much to me, but I definitely always go for a kohl eyeliner (I usually call it the marker kind...ha!) In my experience, it is a good combination of being easy to apply, decently forgiving, and a good amount of color. I like to get eyeliner in gray if I can find it because it's not as harsh as black on my skin tone, but black is perfect for dramatic smokey or cat eyes! The color you choose is completely up to preference/what works best with your hair and complexion.

4. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balms : I love colored lip balms! They are perfect for daytime because they add just a hint of color while also moisturizing! I own this is Caring Coral, but it's really not as orange as I expected. Perfect! I also really like Revlon's ColorBurst Lipgloss.

5. Maybelline's Eyeshadow in Mocha Motion : For most days, I just swipe the brown color in the upper right-hand corner all over my lid and then apply the off-white color to my inner and outer eye corners as well as under my eyebrows. If I want a little bit of a smokey eye effect, I'll apply the gray color to my crease. Perfect combination! There's even a black included if you want to transition your look from day to night.

6. E.L.F. Eyeshadow Primer : And I wouldn't dream of using shadow without first applying this primer! Best thing is that it's only a dollar! I also use the E.LF. makeup brushes, which are also 1-3 dollars. Amazing!

7. L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara : I've tried a few different ones, but I'll always come back to this one! Perfect balance of length and volume, and I sure do need both!


So there you have it, my basic daily makeup routine which takes me around 10 minutes to do. The great part is that every single one of these products are under 10 dollars! What drugstore makeup products do you use on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment