Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Journey of Becoming a Godly Homemaker Part 2

In my last post, I talked about some things I'd like to learn during this season of singleness (technically in a relationship but unmarried) while I have have many less responsibilities and much less stress.

Since I was about 14 or 15 (or so?) I started collecting a few items in a "hope chest" to save for when I get married one day. Has anyone else done this? I have a few holiday and holiday decorations, some dishes, and other things I'll be able to use in my own house someday. Many of these things were given to me, found on major sale, or bought at some sort of thrift store. I figured this would save me serious money down the road.

Here I will make a list of tangible items that would be good to add to my collection of things that would be useful in my future home someday:

1. Cookbooks
2. Christmas ornaments
3. Picture frames
4. Coffee mugs
5. Dishes
6. Kitchen towels/potholders
7. Blankets
8. Candles
9. Little things to fill shelves
10. Things to hang on the walls
11. Kitchen placemats
12. Baskets
13. Pillows
14. Coasters
15. Canisters I have some of these that I want to paint and put chalkboard labels on
16. Bedspread I actually just bought a cute comforter set a few months ago that I plan to use

Like my other list, I will be marking things off/adding more things! Let these two lists be inspirational to you as to what you may want to save for when your "one day" comes! And feel free to share any other ideas of things that would be useful to a future homemaker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment