Monday, December 9, 2013

The Journey of Becoming a Godly Homemaker Part 1

I've always been the type that likes to know what's coming. I'm a planner for sure. Spontaneity? Not quite my thing. I like to know what's coming ahead and how I can best prepare for it. I am, however, working on having a more go-with-the-flow mindset. Life is full of the uncertain, unplanned, and unprepared for. The truth is that I can't know how anything's going to turn out, but I can hope and prepare for the best, right? Right.

At twenty years old, I don't know for certain what lies ahead for me, but I do hope that a part of the grand plan God has for my life includes marriage and having a home and family of my own someday. I recognize this season of my life to be a very special time that I will never regain during my lifetime. It is a time to prepare. I desire that God would help me to use this special time to cultivate me into becoming the best wife, mother, and homemaker that I could possibly be one day if and when that time comes

Here are a list of goals, which I will be striving to work on while I am still unmarried.

1. Get into the habit of making my bed everyday first thing (Something I'd not like to admit I struggle with)
2. Make a recipe book
3. Have at least 15 meals that I feel completely comfortable making
4. Learn to make homemade cookies, bread, brownies, and cake.
5. Learn home decorating skills
6. Learn to make no-sew pillow covers
7. Learn to make jewelry
8. Learn to make little girls' bows
9. Make homemade detergent and house cleaners
10. Make my own soap
11. Collect more books for children (especially Bible stories)
12. Read 5 books on being a Godly wife
13. Read 2 books on being a Godly mother
14. Go back to college and finish a degree
15. Gain much more financial wisdom
16. Learn to make a detailed budget and stick with it
17. Put money into my savings account with every paycheck and let it build
18. Learn couponing skills
19. Become more organized
20. Read more fiction books
21. Know what makes a good hostess
22. Be more kind, gracious, humble, and forgiving
23. Refrain from gossiping. Learn that it is often better not to say anything at all.
24. Collect some potential holiday traditions


I will also be adding to this list, but hopefully also crossing many of them off! What are some goals you would like to work on to become a good, Godly homemaker one day? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment