Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm getting...MARRIED! :)

That's right...my boyfriend (now fiance) Casey asked me to marry him Saturday night at the Cheesecake Factory in Raleigh. I'm so excited!

I always envisioned myself to be like Jane from Pride and Prejudice when Mr. Bingley proposed to her. "Yes...a thousand times yes!" And the look and his face! Does it get any sweeter than that?

Honestly...it took me a good couple of hours to get used to the fact that Casey and I were no longer dating, or "boyfriend and girlfriend"...or whatever else you want to say. We are engaged, and he's my fiance. That's still a little hard to say, but it's true! I couldn't be more excited!

We are thinking about getting married next February, doing a winter wedding. I always thought I'd get married in May or the summer sometime, never winter. But I think there's something magical about a winter wedding. It's not definite yet though because we still have to talk to his family before we set a definite date.

Here's my current to-do list:

1. Set a date!
2. Decide on a guest count (100, 150, 200 guests?)
3. Make said guest lists
4. Ask my girls to be in my bridal party
5. Decide on flower girl/ring bearer
6. Attend a bridal show this Sunday in Greenville (excited!!)

I'm thinking about doing tiffany blue and grey as my wedding colors. I really like the idea of doing a bird theme, too. I have a lot of planning to do, and I'll be blogging about those plans as they unfold in the next few months! I want to treasure this season of engagement and use it to best prepare for the years ahead of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment