Friday, October 18, 2013

Abounding Thanks

God has really been nailing me with the principle of thanksgiving recently. He has blessed me with so much that I too often take for granted. There are times that I do not even notice His loving hand at work , and yet, He is always there. Always loving. Always on my behalf.
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught abounding in thanksgiving. -Colossians 2:6-7
I have received Him and He has washed my sins scarlet to pure, unmarked, untainted snow. He has made me not just a servant but a child. His child. He only asks that I walk with Him constantly, not too quickly to jump ahead and not lagging but right beside Him as He guides. Rooted and built in the faith, what do I do now?

Give thanks.

But not just give thanks. Abound in thanksgiving. Let the joy overflow from my covetous, conceited soul. Thank Him for the big and for the small, the noticed and the overlooked, all significant blessings in the eyes of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment