Monday, April 29, 2013

Banquet 2013: A Red Carpet Affair

So this past weekend was my school's annual spring banquet. The junior class chooses a theme and prepares everything and the rest of us just get to get all dolled up and enjoy it :) I'm a true girly girl, so any opportunity to get my hair done, put on makeup, and get all dressed up sounds great to me!


This is me and with my handsome date (aka my boyfriend Casey) Yeah, we're cute ;)
 
One of my good friends came to do my hair. This is my first updo and I think it turned out to be beautiful!
 
 
And this is me and my best friend, Auty :)
 
 
 
 
And these two are pretty cute, too.

 

Then on Saturday the school took a trip to Kings Dominion. I'm a total baby when it comes to rides. I wish I enjoyed rollar coasters but I just don't. I don't get the whole adrenaline rush, just the feeling I'm about to die. And that's just not fun. I did get out of my comfort zone and ride something that was a bit more exciting than the Scrambler or the carousel (I'm not kidding) and got on one that actually left the ground. I know, I know. I'm living life on the dangerous side. Let's just say that Casey witnessed a two minute panic attack.
 
 
I did, however, get a picture with Lucy :)
 
                                
         
Of the three banquets I've been to, this one was by far the most fun. I still don't think I've caught up on my sleep though.

 
 
We also had our Patch the Pirate Club performance Sunday night. Casey and I took on the teaching roles this semester and we had so much fun teaching these great kids the Word of God. What a privilege it is to be doing the work of the Lord! They did a great job :) Casey preached in the evening service on prayer and did a wonderful job also. It really opened my eyes to see how self-centered my prayer life can truly be!
 
Okay, so I know this post is super long but this weekend was just so packed! Only a little over a week left and sweet summertime will finally be here :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment